The website owner
This website is owned by Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that your browser saves to disk when you visit our website. This allows our website to recognize your computer the next time you visit us, to offer you a personalized surfing experience accordingly. Cookies are exclusively used to ensure the best possible use of the site and the quality of the content it offers to visitors. Also, cookies are not associated with spam, do not store passwords, and are not intended for advertising or publicity. Information such as your name or email address will not be saved – websites cannot access your personal information and files on your computer.
In order to use our website in an optimal way and in accordance with the Electronic Communications Act, the Personal Data Protection Act, EU Directives 2002/58 / EC and 95/46 / EC and the GDPR Directive, we recommend that you click “Accept” on your first visit.
If you have an account and log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain personal information and is deleted when you turn off your browser.
When you sign in, we will also set a few cookies to save your login information and your screen settings. Login cookies last for two days, and display settings cookies last for one year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, your login cookies will be removed.
Types of cookies
- Session cookies and persistent cookies
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire after you leave the website. These cookies are required for the proper operation of certain applications or functionalities on this site.
- Persistent cookies are used to improve our users’ experience (e.g. remembering login details so you do not have to type them every time you visit the website). These cookies remain in your browser’s cookie file for a long time. This period will depend on the choice of settings on your Internet browser. Persistent cookies allow data to be transferred to a web server each time you visit the site.
- First-party and third-party cookies
- First-party cookies are issued by this website. These cookies are often used for the proper operation of the website and for remembering your preferences on the website.
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by another website or service such as YouTube. We have no access to or control over these cookies. You should consult the appropriate privacy policies of those third parties. If you are in the European Union, you can find out more about how third parties use these types of cookies at the following link: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
No cookie containing uniquely identifiable information will be accepted until you select the “Accept” option.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may contain embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other web pages behaves in the same way as if a visitor had visited that other web page.
For website traffic statistics and analytics: